Oh my, what a joy to be here! This space is a dream come true for me. Here we will continue our journey in facilitating change. This space is for those that have completed the first year in the Learning Community for Mastery in Guiding Change or anyone already certified as a Focusing Professional (or has equivalent training). My goal is for this to be a touchstone community, here for you as much or as little as supports your life forward flow as a change-maker.
We’ll meet a total of 16 times a year at two different times – either Sunday mornings or Thursday evenings ET, New York time. Most people around the world will be able to join us at one time or the other. Our 1.5 hour gatherings will generally have one of these two structures:
- Two 40-45 min segments (with a 5 min break) that could include:
- a workshop from one of our members
- case study discussions of facilitating change with clients (bring your questions and share your celebrations!)
- a video of someone guiding a first time client (we share appreciations and process questions)
- small group discussions around relevant topics (i.e. felt sense conversations)
- A 1.5 hr presentation from a paid facilitator we have invited. These will often be Focusing related and not always. We may also explore related modalities that facilitate change in ourselves, others, organizations, etc.
All gatherings will be facilitated by me on zoom. All community members are encouraged to offer 45 min workshops to practice teaching something you’ve learned/explored outside of our class and also to bring topics for small group Focusing/felt sense sharing. This is a particularly rich place to explore edges as we are all advanced Focusers and you are not needing to teach basic skills. Topics can be something outside of Focusing that you are crossing freshly with us. Those on certification paths will be bringing a 20 min first-time client video at some point. We’ll share appreciations and explore potentials together. What we do each year will vary with the amount we collect in dues and the interests of the particular group planning to be active for this period. In general, we will not be recording and yes, there will be exceptions by special request. Plan to show up for anything that you want to experience. Most of what happens here will lean heavily on being here in person for an experience and sometimes for presentations, it will be worthwhile to record if someone is really interested and unable to attend.
I created this space because I am inspired when people I work with relate to each other and their environments in new ways. Human beings CAN evolve long-standing relational norms. And, I am continually surprised and grateful for what I try as a Focusing trainer that takes off or does not. When something fails, there will be something more coming up on the horizon.
We are all explorers on this path. I have been exploring the life skills that support thriving communities for over 30 years, way before I found the relational wisdom of Focusing process. I am excited about the unique life skills you each bring with you to our space. I am honored to be a companion and fellow traveler with you all. Cheers for the beginners mind of self-in-presence and for having fun together in the process!
Learning Community Agreements we Bring to this Space
- Bring all of yourself to this gathering, not just the “shiny parts”.
- Presume welcome and extend welcome. We all learn most effectively in spaces that welcome us.
- Attend to your own inner teacher. Pay close to attention to your own reactions and responses.
- No fixing, no saving, no advising, no setting each other straight! Each of us is here to discover our own truths, listen to our own inner teacher and take our own journey.
- You may be extended an invitation to share in pairs, small groups and in the large group. You choose, if and when.
- Speak your truth. Respond from your center to the center of the circle, not to another speaker’s center.
- Listen deeply without judgment. By creating a space between judgments and reactions we can listen to others and ourselves more fully.
- Identify assumptions. Over time our assumptions of how the world works become invisible to us.
- Use honest open questions. These are questions that we cannot possibly know the answers to. They are free of opinions and agendas.
- Maintain deep confidentiality. Allow what is said in Learning Community to stay here.
- Respect silence. After someone has spoken, take time to reflect and honor the words that were shared. This concept applies to the speaker as well – be comfortable leaving your words to resound in silence, without refining or elaborating them.
When the going gets rough within, turn to wonder.
Sept 2022 – June 2023 Schedule
Beginning in fall of 2022, our ongoing dates will meet on both Thursdays 7:30 – 9 pm ET or Sundays 11 am-12:30 pm ET.
Thursdays: Sept 15, Oct 13, Nov 10, Jan 19, Feb 16, March 16, May 11, June 8
Sundays: Sept 18, Oct 16, Nov 13, Jan 8, Feb 5, March 5, April 16, June 25
Fee Options: Choose Annual Dues or Single Event
During years that you are training for certification, there is a $195 annual dues to participate. There is a $95 annual dues fee to stay involved whenever you are not actively training for certification. If you are limited to attending just one of our time options, you may choose the $75 discounted dues fee. If you are joining us for single events, choose the $25 fee. The dues will contribute toward hiring guest teachers of interest to the group involved at the time.
Ongoing Learning Community General Member
This is an annual dues for those who are not currently training for certification. You are invited to pay annually sometime during the month of August and this can be paid retroactively at any time during a year that you decide to join us. This includes 16 gatherings as scheduled on Sundays and Thursdays from September through June.
Ongoing Learning Community Certification Training
This is an annual dues for years beyond the first where you are actively training for certification. This is due sometime during the month of August to help us budget for speakers and it can be paid retroactively at any time.
Ongoing Learning Community Member – Thursday or Sunday only
This is discounted annual dues for those who are limited to just Sunday or just Thursday gatherings. You are invited to pay annually sometime during the month of August and this can be paid retroactively at any time during a year that you decide to join us.
Single Learning Community Event
For anyone who prefers to join us for single events, you are invited to contribute in this way.
This site does not provide medical or any other health care or fitness advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The site and its services are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment.